Monday, June 7, 2010

Don't Panic

Okay, everyone. Now calm down. What I am about to tell you may sting a little bit at first, but you'll live. Brace yourself. I think I am going to be MIA for a few days or so. I know. GASP!! How could this be? I know you are asking yourself how you are ever going to make it through these rough few days, but we can do it together.

Michael has to go to Tulsa for work for two weeks, so Davis and I are going to be going with him for a few days. I think if anyone should be bracing themselves, it's me. I have never traveled that far with Davis in the car, let alone by myself. The longest trip we have driven is to Dallas and that takes under two hours. This is going to be glorious (painful, I'm sure) and adventurous (to say the least) five and a half hours to Tulsa. Wow. That thought just made my heart jump. I am crossing my fingers and have been saying silent prayers of strength in my head that the demon spawn doesn't come out in my child on the way there. Lord, grant me the serenity. Yes, we'll of course make stops. And I'm sure plenty of them. I have a hard enough time driving that long to begin with. I'm lame and get so bored that I get tired. Tired and driving don't really mix very well. Red bull?

But the hotel that Michael booked is a suite so Davis will have his own room this time as opposed to sleeping in the bathroom. That's right, I put my son in the bathroom to sleep. It's not like he was in the bathtub or anything, he was in his pack and play, but still. It worked though! Apparently Tulsa has a great zoo and aquarium, so we will be venturing out on our own to go do some things around town. My best friend also lives near by, so I think I will also get to see her as well, which I am super excited about.

So, while I may be having blogging withdrawls and unable to leave you comments, know I am with you in spirit. (haha) Maybe I will use the computer at night if I just can't take it any longer! Gotta see what's going on with my people! I will try and post little things here and there from my phone and let you know if my trip there was bliss or blah!

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

have fun and enjoy your trip!

Daisygirl said...

I think you'll be alright long as you make a couple stops!
Fabulous that you will have a separate sleeping room for the baby...that is important!!! So laughing that you put him in the bathroom...haha !

Have a great trip!

Maegan said...

Have a great trip! I am sure both you and Davis will be fine (if not a tiny but of Benedryl works wonders on kids). Really though, if you leave when he has a full belly and is ready to sleep you will be half way there before he wakes up!
That is hilarious that you out him in the bathroom! I love it!

Shell said...

Have fun! :)

sara said...

We just did a 5 hour trip with Pie and it went surprisingly well. Good luck and be ready to take lots of deep breaths!

Lothiriel said...

I prefer a car ride over a plane ride any time!! Then again, I've never taken a road trip with Emma. It will suck, though. Hubby stops for nothing during road trips!!!!!

Last April I flew to Dallas, to see my family with Emma, and she pooped!! There was no changing table in the plane, and the flight attendant was really rude about it. So, I opened up the food tray infront of the seat and changed Emma there!!

Lothiriel said...

oh...and yes, HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP!!!

Heather said...

Have a great trip! I'm sure things will be better than you think. I always seem to grossly overestimate how horrible the trip is and everything ends up just fine. Us mommies fret too much... well, I do at least! :o)

Nikki said...

Have fun and enjoy your trip!!! I'll pray that everything goes smoothly!!! Justin and I are planning a small trip this summer and I'm a little nervous about the drive as well!!

jineen said...

enjoy your trip and have a ton of fun! take lots and lots of pics to show us all! by the way, i loved the tour of your home:) makes it seem so much more personable all these miles away!

LisaDay said...

That sounds fantastic. Good luck with the drive. We are making our own long trip at the end of August and I am already thinking about it.

New header I see. It looks good.

LisaDay