Friday, June 4, 2010

The Big Question

We've all been there. You start dating someone for a while and get asked when you are going to get engaged. Then you get engaged and all the questions start coming about when the wedding is. You kiss your husband and say "I Do" and of course get hit with when you are going to start having babies. The ring has not even sat on your finger for a long 24 hours yet, but people don't hesitate. So you get engaged, get married, and get pregnant. And I'll be damned if the baby doesn't come out and people ask when you are thinking about trying again. Let me heal, first! The baby has barely even opened up his eyes yet. Within the first month of being home from the hospital with our new little bundle of joy, did this question come up. I was definitely still in the phase that I was NEVER having children again because I just thought I was dying. The constant people at the house and the lack of sleep set me into a whirlwind of postpartum that I didn't talk about to anyone. Me being hormonal was bad enough, but add no sleep into the mix and I thought I was becoming a crazy person!

There are still those days that I think I will never have anymore children. We've all been there, also. Your kid won't stop screaming in your ear or practically slapping you across the face because they are overly tired. In public. That is always the fun one. Especially when you are at the grocery store and actually trying to get something done. Maybe if I get pregnant again, they can just go ahead and start the epidural as soon as possible. This would make pregnant life so much better, don't you think?


I am still saying that I am going to wait until Davis is two years old before we start trying yet. Of course yes, if it happens before then, I will open my arms to the baby and love it fully. I want to try and spend as much one on one time with Davis as possible. Give him my full attention and teach him as much as I can. I am planning on having him in a MDO program when the baby is born, and do the same for the next one.


Plus, to be honest, I am not ready to blow up again. With the heat that we are experiencing here, I don't know how I was pregnant in the summer last year. Holy Toledo! If I were pregnant now, God love my husband, because he would see his big as a house wife eating a tub of ice cream everyday in the kiddie pool! Grandmother's huge old nightgowns would be my best friend.


So, for all of the enquiring minds out there, this mama has her hands full with this little bambino right now. The baby planning and naming our next child will have to remain on hold for just a tad bit longer. Until then, I still get excited every single day when I see Davis and can't wait for all of the upcoming events with him.


friday-follow

11 comments:

sara said...

Well said. Though I must admit I've been guilty of asking those questions myself. The first few years we were married, Husband and I got asked all the time about babies. Then when none showed up, people stopped asking...thankfully. Now that Pie is here, we're getting the questions again. Holy cow people...it took us 8+ years to get this one...give us a minute!

Kaibee said...

I totally agree with you. I mean, you shouldn't have a baby unless you are ready for one. And your baby is way too young right now. He needs your full attention now, not the divided one!
Wise mom you are! :)

Mom et al said...

Hi, stoppying by from Friday Follow. Please stop by and say hello!

http://mom-et-al.com/

I felt like you did for a while, but I also knew that in my case getting pregnant again wouldn't necessarily be easy, so I had to battle the not wanting to go through it again against a ticking clock. Not fun! You'll know when you're ready. :)

Shell said...

We're always getting asked what's next, aren't we?

Sometimes I just want to make a shirt that says "Three kids and DONE!" and then have "Snip, Snip! Thanks for asking!" on the back.

LOL

Lothiriel said...

It took me 7 years to conceive Emma. We're trying for baby #2 right now, but because I want to start now and I don't for 7 more years to pass.

Infertility sucks. I'm almost 32, and I want another child.
For me, it's a matter of clock ticking. If I were younger, maybe I would wait...and also it has to do with my infertile ovaries...:/

I think it's cool that you can devote necessary time for your baby.

What is MDO?

Katie's Dailies said...

I like Shell's idea!

I was pregnant with our last one during the hottest summer on record, and this baby was a HUGE one---I lost sight of my feet around the 2nd-3rd month, and THAT was when I was done. I guess I wore this aura around me after c-section that said, "Yep. This is THE last one EVER!! Don't even think about asking me, now go away."

People listened and left me alone.

Newest follower now.

Happy weekend!

Diane said...

Both my boys were born in July and I live in the South. I blown up like a Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade float! Davis is a cutie. Following you back from Friday Follow. :)

Kate Pantier @ Mommy Monologues said...

I totally get what you mean with all this!!! I always tell Todd "I want biological children, but I don't want to ever be pregnant again!" lol I haven't quite figured that out yet!

Heather said...

I have to admit those questions get annoying after awhile. But I've got to tell you that the "just wait" game is starting to get annoying (even though I find myself guilty of doing it to!) All I hear now is "just wait until..." It started once we found out I was pregnant, "Oh, you think this is bad, just wait until your t3rd trimester when you can't walk anymore" Then is was when Babygirl was born, "Just wait until she's teething" "Just wait until she's crawling" "just wait, just wait, just wait" lol

Natalie said...

I laughed when I read this post because I can relate! People see our toddler and the twins and ask all the "are you done"?

Definitely wait until you are ready for another one! It's hard enough when you're prepared for them let alone when are not :)

Kristy @Loveandblasphemy said...

I'm with ya, sista! No more kids as of right now!